Hammer Curl (Biceps) – Exercise Guide
Muscles worked: Biceps
Equipment needed: Dumbbells
1. Stand with an upright torso with a dumbbell in each hand at arm’s length.
2. Your palms should be facing the torso, and your elbows should be locked at the sides.
3. While breathing out, slowly curl the dumbbells to your shoulder height while keeping your upper arms stationary and elbows locked to your sides.
4. Pause and contract your biceps at the top of the movement.
5. Lower the dumbbells slowly to return to the starting position while breathing in.
6. Repeat the process for the recommended reps.
While the hammer curls are primarily a bicep exercise, you can put more focus on your forearms by holding the dumbbells with a monkey grip. Having all the fingers on one side of the dumbbell makes it harder to hold and thus recruits your forearm muscles.